Tuesday, May 10, 2011

mes cours

This Quarter I'm taking 4 classes/19 units
Art 7A - of course, it just feels weird not mentioning it in a post
French 3 5units - I love the French Language and the reason I'm taking it it because of the ~6 months I was going to be a Global studies double major. but I've changed to English as my double so its really kind of useless at this point. But its going fine, I made it so I'm taking it pass/no pass this quarter, but its still a lot of work. As much as I love languages and wish I was multiligual, they really just are not my thing :/ But I'm ok with the fact that I'll probably only ever be able to ask directions in french and spanish and speak like a 2-3 year old.

Art History 120 AA-ZZ 4 units - this is one of the UD Art History classes I need forthe Art Major and it was one of those "Special Topics" classes that you don't know what they are going to be until the first day. Luckily for me it ended up being one of the coolest themed classes ever "Visual Culture of the 1960's". I mean come on how cool is that? It's really more of a history of culture class, but it is really interesting. Most of our grades are determined by this group final project which i'm kind of worried about because I've never had a group project count for so much of my grade. My section of the project is on social commentary in 1960's television

English 10 4 units- In case you don't know this is the most basic English class at UCSB. It is a substitute for Writing 50 and is also a prereq for the English major. It's only the second English class I've taken but I love it (I took Eng 15 aka Shakespeare in the Fall). We've reading lots and lots of poetry and about 15 "short" stories and Ethan Frome so far and we're still going to readAs I Lay Dying and Hamlet(which will be the 3rd time for me). This is definitely the easiest class for me this quarter, though its a lot of reading. Im expecting to get an A and I'll have to really slack not to.

English 10 Honors section 1 unit - For this we're only reading one book throughout the course of the quarter Cane by Jean Tomer, but we're going super deep into it. Its a Harlem Renaissance book that has lots of depressing and slavery-related things in it. There's only eight people including the professor in the class which is kind of cool, but a couple of those girls, jeez its like dang, how do you know all of these word origins off the top of your head. Although its my last class of the week and always kind of makes me depressed, I really like that I'm able to get to know my professor. It's only my second honors section I've ever been in, my first was for Film 46 last year, but I definitely thing I'll do more.

No comments:

Post a Comment