Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Alt. Persona Critique Day 1

I really enjoyed the alternated persona's today because of the diversity of the subject matter,
I think my favorite was Andrea's time as a fraternity brother. Even though it was a pretty standard idea I really liked her documentation of her experience and the dialogue she included with her fellow frat brothers. I liked that she learned a number of different games from the "brothers" and got some really good dialogue from life on the inside. She dressed the part, spoke the part and even learned the mighty ways of the game of volleyball(though I'm, sure if she weren't a girl they would not have helped her. I've been to many frat parties, with many of the same games that Andrea demonstrated, but I'm glad I got to see a frat from a different side(even if still a pretty skewed side) though I feel like I would be pro at that hammer game b/c I do similar things all the time with my tennis racket.
My least favorite would probably be either Katie's, Erika or Edwardo's; Katie's because it didn;t seem like she did much more than wear a vest, Erika's because it has basically been done before(and better) and Edwardo's because he didn't apply his persona to real life in his presentation. but really they were all very good. I can't wait to see the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment