Monday, May 9, 2011

Lecture: Perspective and Sequence



Today's lecture was on playing with perspective, which was really interesting. I thought what we found out about John Watterson of Calvin and Hobbes and how much he hated marketing in the comic world was really sad considering what the most popular Calvin and Hobbes merchandise is these days, those beyond tacky bumper stickers of Calvin peeing on things. Thats so disappointing to hear, its like they thought, "hmm what makes this wonderful cartoon seem tacky?" "oh I know...". tisk tisk people. Always maintaining one's integrety is probably what I got most out of lecture today, not that I've ever been too tempted to break what I believe in, but considering I have considered going into advertising I definitely want to make sure I always maintain my own. My favorite artists of the day were Duane Michaels and John Watterson(I read Calvin and Hobbs a lot as a child but I never quite got his genius until today.

No comments:

Post a Comment