Monday, May 2, 2011

Lecture Response: Personal Narratives and Guest Performers

I enjoyed the lecture today quite a lot. I saw a few of Kip's advanced students this past fall in 1C and actually saw Christina's(the girl who talked about confessing her love for a boy) same performance then too. I liked it this time, but there's something about watching performances like those again that really turns me off, I think its the fact that they stop seeming as personal for the viewer(or just me) when heard again, or at least heard in the same year. Beau was really good as well, he was very straight forward and honest but I think I actually liked him outside of performance mode more than I did inside... maybe it was his performance voice which noticeably changed to a Kermit the frog-esk voice or the fact that he has been doing this for a long time, ever if his material is new, I feel like he's a little too comfortable. But I actually really did enjoy the topics he choose and it really made me think like he intended. Of the advanced students my favorites were Amanda's(Pineapple sister) and the first girl, who's name I cannot remember who talked about being nice, I feel exactly the same way sometimes.

On the topic of Obama, I saw this over the weekend. In my opinion, he does a good job of making fun of himself and his critics(and more specifically Trump) really well. Trump on the other hand, dear lord he was so stoic I seriously wondered for the first 10 minutes if it wasn't just a wax figure of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment