Monday, April 25, 2011

Week 5: Personal Narratives

This week's lecture on Personal Narrative was really interesting but yet again, I left feeling very heavy. Kip has a way of doing that to me it seems, its definitely not a bad thing... just heavy. Oh jeez this isn't making any sense.
I was so flabergasted to hear about the Tinanmen Square massacre. I'm so disgusted with the fact that I have never heard of it until today, let alone about the massacre as a whole, which words really can't describe. I can't think of a stronger word than disgusted, revolted, thats a little worse in my book. It's just heartbreaking and only a little more than 20 years ago, I wish humanity was always humane. It's so sad when our fellow humans turn into the "you guys" on their own. The quote that "the people's army will never fire on the people" and the fact that that is exactly what they turned around and did solidifies my distain. The "tank man" footage truly is a beautiful example of photo journalism and bravery. He didn't care if he lived or died he just wanted to show his disgust, there was no crowd cheering him on just his own conviction of right and wrong. It's really times like this that I realize my naivety and ignorance in the scheme of things. (I apologize if this isn't very coherent, I can't always get out my feelings in a comprehensible way when I'm upset.)

No comments:

Post a Comment