Thursday, April 21, 2011

critique day deux

I really enjoyed the presentations today, there was such a wide variety of different themes and approaches its hard to find a favorite but I think the whole class could tell which affected me most, Catherine's piece on her grandmother. It caught me by surprise and so suddenly, the second the heartbeat was replaced with machine sounds and then the flatline. I brought me straight back to the day my grandmother died, and I could not help my emotions. I was completely heartbroken, sobbing uncontrollably, I'm surprised I kept it together as well as I did.
I was also very affected by Katie's confession which followed Catherine's so my little emotional rollarcoaster was still a present. I really liked the little movements she made while listening to her parents' voices. When the class discussion started what got me the most was the fact that I can relate but really only half relate because my dad never calls me and its my mom who says when he's an ass "you know he loves your right?". So yeah I went to the bathroom and got that little emotion-fest out of the way. Yeah I'm not a big crier(except in movies surprisingly) so that was really rare for me.
Skyler's was obviously very time consuming, and I really respect his effort, I just wish it was better explained, I was still pretty confused at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment