Wednesday, April 27, 2011

free for all

I'm running low on fuel these days, this day in particular because I have 2 midterms tomorrow, so I'm going to talk about...things I collect/hoard:
  • movie ticket stubs - I have since I was little, I dont have every stub but i have a lot.
  • cool rubber ducks - This was not started by me actually, for my birthday one year my best friend randomly gave me like 20 rubber ducks with my present and because of that people started assuming I just loved rubber ducks so I get them randomly.
  • (hoard) magazines - this is probably my worst one, until I went away to college I literally had every magazine I'd ever subscribed to...which at that point was really only Seventeen, Tennis, Nylon, and Rolling Stone at that point but when my mom discovered the two hundred odd magazines neatly organized in my closet she kind of had an intervention and said that I had to go through them and get rid of them. This started my summer of going through magazines. I have some obsessive compulsive tendencies and is was definitely one of them. I eventually got rid of all of the Seventeen's and Tennis and a some of the Rolling Stones in exchange for a 4 inch binder with category divided folders of clippings. I still have a growing pile, but it's much less now. It makes me really anxious getting rid of them...weird, I know.
  • greeting cards - I collected greeting cards when I was little and now have an extremely large amount of them, and I actually use them now, what a concept.
  • cards to me - yeah I have every card I've gotten from people since I was about 7.
  • Postcards - I'm sensing a trend here I've never noticed...but yeah cool new ones and ones sent to me alike.
  • some of my postcards at home
  • state quarters - like everyone, though I can't remember the last time I filled in that book thingy that they sold about ten years ago who's spots were too small for quarters so I had to tape them to it.
  • 78 records - though my selection is pretty small ~20
  • silk scarves - my favorite is a tennis racket print.
  • sunglasses - wayfarer sunglasses to be more specific...i've got ten pair I believe
  • little things from friend's and family - i've got a few boxes(small boxes) of stuff like that, whether its an oragami bird a friend made me or a note we passed with pictures or a vending machine panda watch, I keep things that have good memories attached.
  • shells - and more specifically ones from fun trips, I sharpie the date and place on the back of each
  • little flags - when my sister studied abroad all I asked for was flags, and flags I did get...I've added a few, more in the future.
and those are just a few... what i've realized is i may have a few too many "collections".

No comments:

Post a Comment