Tuesday, April 26, 2011

critique day trois

I really liked all of the presentations today, they were all so different and they all did a great job conveying their meanings. Choosing favorite's is hard. I really liked the time and symbolism that went into Edurado's stain glass piece, I was just a little in the dark on the confession as a whole. I got why he intended on trying to make it more universally appealing but I just wish he would have left it on his experience only. But besides that its was really strong. Steffi's was really well done as well, It was interesting to see the effect it still has on her. I but can understand her reluctance not to want to tell her parents. I liked that Sean's was something that he knows is wrong and he knows what can end up happening but still he continues. It's obvious he wishes he didn't have such a dependence on them but for now, he's still on the same road. Jonathan's lying confession was cool as well, being completely honest for 3 minutes is also a cool spin on it. I only feel he could have practiced it a bit more or stopped exactly when the timer went off for better effect. Andrew's "afraid of the dark confession was cool, only I missed the very beginning because I was putting my project away and the end of the discussion so I didn't quite get the full effect. Ashley's letter performance was very relateable in my opinion. I liked that it wasn't clear who it was addressed to, it made it more relatable to other people. I think the confession I best related to was Mary-Beth's it was simple but had a lot of symbolism that I can definitely relate to.

No comments:

Post a Comment