Friday, June 3, 2011

freewrite: french styyyle


I think from my confession project we've established im a tennis person and I love that i'm a tenis person )i dont love teaching large groups of unrulely children but hey...) I also love that people know that I'm a tennis person and when even the grand slams take place I alllwayysss get various question about rules, who my prospects to win are, etc.
The French Open has been going on these past and i just wanted to share some of a fb conversation I had with my friend...

friend

3:39pm

So I had a question? But how do the surfaces differ? Like clay, hard and grass? What makes a player better on one and not the other? Like why is Rafa unreal at the French, why does clay fit him so well and not Roger?


me

3:40pm

because hes an fing good slider for 1


friend

3:41pm

From what i've gathered, the hard courts would seem to favor the guys that can hit harder because it will be faster right?


me

3:42pm

clay= sliding, grass, you can slide but not as much, grass is cool bc it wears throughout the tournament and there get to be dead spots on the courts, pretty cool

hard is just the all around consistant, even though its not actually consistant bc humidity and temp and crap like that effect it

yeah, its the fastest


friend

3:45pm

Clay bounces higher right?


me

3:47pm

but its not really that people prefer hard because its faster, though some def do, but the clay and grass and csrpet courts have to be learned in a different way thats why the americans are screwed on everything else bc we dont have enough options in terms of court materials

yeah, thats why they get super fluffy

actually what am I thinking, grass is the quickest, bc its alive and have water which makes them slick

oh and back to nadal, clays good for him bc hes scrappy and runs for everything also his spin makes it really hard to return and his stance, though its going to f him over in the end is good for the bounce because its not consistant. thats why i'm not his biggest fan, bc for the way he plays is going to make him have a way short career then he will....


It goes on for like 20 minutes but I think you get the picture, I love talking tennis :)


my dad and I when I was I believe 13...dont exactly look different

No comments:

Post a Comment